Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Nine Days of Nine Naughty Novelists Interviews: Sydney Somers

Sydney Somers. A born and raised Maritimer, Sydney Somers fell in love with writing at the age of eight. Since finishing her first book in 2002, Sydney has written over twenty-five romancesone of which will remain forever under her bed. Visit Sydney on the web at www.sydneysomers.com




Author Interview

Questions and Answers

Learn About The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies and If You Give A Duke A Duchy-Review of  The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf BabiesReview of If You Give A Duke Duchy


1. What made you want to become one with the Naughties specifically, Sydney?

I was looking to join a group blog at the time that I saw the email (from Skylar I think) and jumped on board. I never expected to find myself in such an amazing group filled with such incredibly talented women and consider myself so lucky that I saw that email that day. We've had so many laughs and so much fun along the way and that's not even counting the hours we've logged on writing projects together. It's been awesome being part of this group.

2. I know you guys all started writing as a collective but you all began as self­-published and independent authors online. How hard was it to promote yourselves. Was it hard and did it prove successful by your own standards?

That's the awesome thing about having individual careers and readerships going into a group blog. We got exposure right off the bat across nine different followings, although there was already some overlap obviously. It makes promo a little easier knowing you're reaching a much wider audience with the same amount of effort put forth as solo promotions. Plus group promotion can make things a lot more cost effective. Together we've done some fun swag for things like RT.

3. Since writing by yourself and with the Naughties do you believe that working with other novelists has made you a better novelist? If so, how?

I'm a firm believer that every book I write, whether it's a regular romance or a completely zany, off the wall, tongue-in-cheek kind of story, makes me a better storyteller. It can be hugely beneficial bouncing ideas off one another and looking at ideas from another perspective when working on a group project. It can also be a little challenging working around individual schedules, so you definitely learn to be a little more flexible :)

4. Could we expect more collaborations with the other Nine Naughty Novelists in the future or are, all of you, invested in pursuing your own individual writing projects?

I think right now we're focused on individual stuff, but never say never right? :) We had a blast writing those books and if the right project came along, I know we'd have a great time collaborating again. 

5. Now before we close the Nine Days of Nine Naughty Interviews, what can you say to potential or already readers about anything you may be up to?
I've got a few things in the works for 2016, including more gargoyles, a few re-releases and a new contemporary romance that has been burning a hole in my brain for months. Hoping to dive into that right after the New Year. And right now 3 of my books are on sale for .99 as a little holiday thank you to my readers. :)

And that was the last interview for the Nine Days of Nine Naughty Novelists Interviews. Don't forget there is still time to enter the three giveaways (check the blog's sidebar) going on by Kelly Jamieson, PG Forte, and Skylar Kade. If you haven't entered already then I'm not sure what you're doing. You totally want to, trust me. Great writers and great reading awaits you with the Nine Naughty Novelists.

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...