Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Favorite Makeup Essentials

When it comes to makeup believe it or not, I like to keep it simple. I'm not a girl that likes to cake on makeup or wear more than the basics of mascara, foundation, eyeshadow, and lip gloss.


That said, I do love makeup! Since I usually just stick to the basics I, at least, make sure the brands I do buy are high quality and pretty to look at. If you're wondering what that means, well, then that means I will be willing to buy more expensive mascara as long as it has a luxurious-looking container. This goes back to me believing part of the fun of wearing makeup is in the process. I like to slowly get out a container of mascara and look at how nice it looks, all while, I apply my mascara. There is just fun in things like that.
After mascara, the most important thing in my makeup arsenal would be foundation. Foundation to me is like the holy grail of all makeup! It's incredible. You can even out your skin tone with it, hide small blemishes, and use it around your eyes as a concealer. You don't even need to buy a concealer.
Revlon Age Defying liquid foundation. I usually go with liquids instead of powders since they go on smoother. 

With the base taken care of the eyeshadow is everything. I believe the key for someone to find the best eyeshadow is to experiment because I definitely think some that you like might sadly not go with your skin tone. For example when shopping for eyeshadow I have to make sure eyeshadow palettes will look good and show off well on my darker skin.


Usually seen wearing a Nivea tinted sheer berry lip balm, even if I prefer lip gloss
Now moving onto my lips, we have the thing I might have a giant obsession with, lip gloss. Why no, lipstick you say? Well, let's just say I think it's no fun and it seems too dated. When it comes to lipgloss like eyeshadow I must always take care of choosing one that is right for me. For a tanner complexion I definitely recommend peach colors, nudes like caramel, light mochas, and some berry red colors.


And finally for a party look I usually use a cheek bronzer to give my face a nice little glow. This only happens when I have to attend a social event since for casual daily wear no blush or bronzer is my thing. The more natural the better. 

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...