Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2012 and Day 2


This year marks the fifth Book Blogger Appreciation Week! I can hardly believe it, but I am so thankful to know that in five years of doing this book blogs haven’t gone away, but they’ve grown and become even more interesting, diverse, and meaningful. We have etched out a place on the landscape of literary discussion, and we are not going away!- Amy, the creator of BBAW

It is Tueday and therefore Day 2 of BBAW. Wednesday will be my last day I'll be blogging, so that's tomorrow since Thursday-Friday have two Online Book Tour Events going on the blog here at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog.

Until then here's a fun interview with Beth from Too Fond who's a fellow book blogger. We sort of just met and you can have a look at our interview.




1. How would you describe yourself as a blogger goofy, serious, Beth?

I would probably describe myself as enthusiastic.  I get really excited about books that I enjoy, and I tend to use way too many exclamation points! (case in point) I think I just love talking about books with others, and so book blogging takes me to my happy place.

2. How long have you been blogging and how has it been?

I've actually been blogging for eight years, since we first moved from the U.S. to France.  I started a personal blog as a way of keeping in touch with friends and family.  I guess I finally went through all the stages of cultural adaptation, because after about six or seven years I stopped feeling the need to blog about my new life.  I started Too Fond in January of this year as a way to return to blogging but in a less diary-like format. Book blogging is so much fun, and I've enjoyed it even more than I thought I would.

3. What do you plan on accomplishing this year through book blogging?

This first year has helped me to figure out what I want and what are reasonable goals for me in terms of blogging.  I started out with the vague intention of keeping track of what I read and reading more purposefully, but book blogging has become so much more to me.  For this next year, I'd like to focus more on smaller, monthly challenges and readalongs, to have more personal contact with other bloggers and spend more time talking about books as I read them.  Quality over quantity!

4. What are are your top three favorite blogs?

That's a hard one, as there are so many that I read and enjoy.  I made a list yesterday of my top nine, and I would feel bad narrowing it down to just three.  But as I said there, my favorite bloggers are ones who blog about a variety of genres, who have a range of passions which they share through their blog (not just reading), and who have a personal touch that makes it easy to feel like you know them in the rather impersonal world of the internet.

5. What has to be your most delicious book reading experience as of late?

I'm just finishing up The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker, which is a mix of high fantasy and steampunk, and I really liked it.  It's well-written, funny, and she creates a wonderful cast of characters.  As it's the first in a series, I'm looking forward to digging into the next books soon.

Check out Beth as me questions about being a blogger @ Too Fond too!


Beth the blogger @ Too Fond
She's a thirty-something expat living in the French Alps. She blogs and tweets about reading, writing, and all things book-ish.

Her Blog: http://toofond.wordpress.com/

Her Twitter: https://twitter.com/toofondbeth

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...